At UVIMCO, we seek to maintain a consistent investment philosophy and process by adhering to five core principles guiding our investment of the Long Term Pool:
- We are long-term investors allowing us to capitalize on market inefficiencies and risk premiums that arise from other investors’ focus on short-term news and market events.
- We seek attractive long-term returns through our external investment manager selections, asset allocation decisions, and portfolio tilts that take advantage of economic themes.
- We believe that price matters; behavioral biases by other investors with different investment time horizons can cause prices of investments to differ from their fundamental values for long periods of time.
- We believe our success is largely dictated by the quality of the people on the UVIMCO team and the long-term partnerships we maintain with external investment managers.
- We believe in the benefits of diversification and expect that the quality of our research and investment selection will lead to good results over time.
Our investment philosophy is executed under a policy portfolio designed to meet the risk tolerance and long-term needs of the University. Please see our Annual Reports for additional detail.